Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Is it really a year...


Last weekend was our wedding anniversary so we (including Frank the dog) went to Stow-on-the-wold in the Cotswolds and stayed in a nice B&B.
Great pubs, great food, peaceful walks with plenty of wildlife - with rabbits and pheasants that Frank enjoyed chasing! The only thing that spoilt one walk was that one farmer had insisted on locking the gates on a right of way - but we still managed to get through - well over actually!
A couple of highlights for me was Hailes Abbey which was very peaceful (see small island), Toddington station with the steam engines running and the Cotswolds falconry centre. Various slide shows on flickr.

On Sunday evening we went to Loch Fyne in Bristol for a meal - it was absolutely fantastic, delicious, i had kiln roasted salmon with a mushroom and whiskey sauce - yum!

1 comment:

Ellen Loudon said...

It sounded like you had a fab time. It is Mark and I's wedding aniversary on Tues...we have nothing planned. I feel both jealous and guilty now. I feel like I need to get my thinking cap on and plan something. Congratulations to you and glad you had a great time. Xxx